Thread: Wraith modded to the max

Wraith modded to the max

i love my wraith but i seem to run into a minor problem from time to time, and i believe other do also, and thats being just a hair short fo a ledge climb. i am wondering if it would be a bad or great ideal to extend the wheel base on my wraith by 1 inch, and the track is already been extended by .750 inch.

i am looking at running the 32 pitch pinion and spur gear.

i am running a brushless setup, but looking to putting a higher speed motor, lower speed gear ratio.

i am running the stock shocks with a custom spring setup on front and rear, but if i extend the wheel base, i have some 6 inch long shocks that i am thinking about putting on it.

i am running the rc4wd mud slingers, with x-wide wheels, and each front wheel/tyre total weight of 1.23lbs.

i made a hood hinge kit, and have all electonics under the hood.

i plan to run the E-MAXX drive shafts, with the longer front out put shaft.

i have been thinking of putting the OD/UD in the front and rear, instead of the standard ratios.

i made some chains to mount to the front and rear ends for towing.

some aliminum upgrades on for the axles/steering

i do have middle and 30% bent links on the wraith as of now, but i am really thinking of extending it out further.

so if i was to extend the wheel base by .750-2.00 inches, what would the issues be, what would the bennifits be???

let me know what you all think

Sounds like a beast of a rig! My wraith is bone stock and is going under surgery tomorrow. Now with the extending of the wheelbase has it pos and neg. Pos is better articulation and the neg is that it can get hung up more if the wheelbase is to far apart. Have you upgraded the gears in the trans yet? If not I would recommend it. And use a solid output gear. Do you got any pics? And do u have the brushed motor for it? If yes what turn?

i tested this beast out this weekend, with all the mods listed below, and it crawled like a champ, and there is more to come.

BRUSHLESS setup
    890KV out runner motor and 25A-50A hobby king ESC
    (i am about to put y 3500KV motor on here, so i can atleast have some wheel speed)

LINKS
    stock upper links
    FR 30% bent links
    RR middle bent links

TRANS
    stock internal gears (only the idler gear is plastic(not sure if that was just a fluke from factory))
    32P gears 10T/66T with a 6.6:1 ratio
    upgraded front output shaft to run EMAXX drive shafts

TIRES/WHEELS
    Xwide beadlok wheels
    RC4WD Mud slingers (for now)
    total weight is about 1.2-1.30 lbs per front tire/wheel
    (i have the pit bull rock beast II on the way)

OTHER MODS
    all electronics are under the hood
    TRAXXAS hood pin kit
    CC BEC programmed
    programmed the ESC
    Alum. front Diff cover
    Alum. steering/drag link
    3racing CMS w/ panhard (on the way)
    and i run 2/3S batts (i will probably just run 2S with the 3500KV motor)
    6in big bore shocks (this i have to say was an amazing upgrade, gives the wraith a 1:1 scale articulation and amazingly high clearance, but it does make it a little more top heavy than i would like)

and i will post up some pics as soon
    and will follow up with the upgraded pics...

this beast almost has the clearance to fit a 12oz soda can under it, and i am sure it will after i upgrade from 4.75in to 5.75in tall tires.

IMAG0626.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

IMAG0631.jpg

IMAG0632.jpg

here are some of the upgrades done to the wraith, more will follow when i get the new parts in...

i put the brushless motor on last night, and i am going to test it out today, to see if its too fast, or just right... and after trying out the 32 pitch gears, the highest ratio i can run is a 9T and 66T, and that has a 7.33:1 ratio...

but the new Pit Bull Rock Beast II 2.2 tires will be in tomorrow, along with the CMS w/ Panhard kit (i hope this will work with the 6" shocks i put on the wraith, if not, i am removing the springs on the shocks, to droop it)...

but, i am hoping the 3500KV motor is not way too fast, so i can have great wheel speed, and still have high torque... and the most important of all, still have a super smooth take off.

i tested out the 3500KV brushless motor last night, and it had the nice slow crawl but it has the ability to run close to the speed of a 20T brushed motor, but with a lot of torque. i would like to actually have a spur and pinion gear thats 6 or 7 tooth pinion and with my 66 tooth spur. but for now it will be fine... i may have to run just my 2S with this setup.

my Pit Bull Rock Beast II will be in today, i already but the weights on the wheels, each front wheel has 9oz of weights in them. and i will have about 1-3oz of weights in the rear tire/wheels once i go to mount the tires.

i am unsure if i will be able to use the CMS w/ panhard kit... seeing that i have my wraith lifted almost high enough to clear a soda can under it. but if it does not fit, it will be up for sale.:bling::bling::bling::bling::bling::bling::bl ing::bling::bling::bling::bling::bling::bling::bli ng::bling::bling::bling:

IMAG0626.jpg

IMAG0627.jpg

IMAG0628.jpg

IMAG0637.jpg

BTW, sorry if i am saying the same thing over and over again. i cant always remember what i posted...