Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beast of a Project

Beast of a Project

Some parts arrived that I got a hell of a deal on. Now I need to decide which direction I would like to take them on this project. Here is a picture of the parts.

It is basically all the parts of a RC4WD Beast, minus a couple parts. It also included 2 Axial SCX-10 chassises and a Tekin FXR. The Beast chassis was a little rough. So I spent about a hour straightening and bending it back into shape. I may still make a custom chassis out of the Axial parts.

Here is the Beast chassis all assembled.

Now that I have it assemebled, I am trying to decide what direction to take the drive train. I am trying to decide between the stock 2 speed tranny or my version of the big V8 diesel. ;-)

Here is a pic of the rig with the stock tranny.

Since the 1:1 Mans have a big v8 diesel, I decided to see how would a Fracture V8 work as a diesel for this build. What do you think?

I removed the cooling fan and air cleaner for a diesel look. Also keep in mind the Man body will be showing the tranny portion of the motor. I know I would be losing the 2 speed capabilities.

Here is a picture of the Beast chassis sitting next to a 1.9 Bruiseruptor chassis for size comparison.

I just picked up this RC4WD Man body off of eBay. I will be awaiting it's arrival. The body measures 9 1/2" wide, 10 3/8" long and 7 7/8" tall.

Beast is right that thing looks awsom. I would deff go with the v8 man and can't wait to see it on the tr:thumbsup:ails

Very cool!

Love it! If it were me, I'd make the tandem axles the front, both steering. Regardless, looking forward to seeing this one progress! :thumbsup:

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

Beep! Beep! You can call me Ray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
    Love it! If it were me, I'd make the tandem axles the front, both steering. Regardless, looking forward to seeing this one progress! :thumbsup:
    The one formerly known as raytard

My body finally made it in safely, after a UPS train derailment. Here are a few pics of it. I also included a few pics of the rig next to some other 1/10 scale vehicles for sizing. The body is has not been mounted as of yet. There is plenty to do before that takes place.

That's just too cool... BTW, I just picked up an F104X1. You should come down to Austin and race with us.

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
    That's just too cool... BTW, I just picked up an F104X1. You should come down to Austin and race with us.
    Mine is also a F104X1. Do y'all race on asphalt or carpet?