Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tommy's Class 2 KoH Jeep JK

Quote Originally Posted by a2hill View Post
    Wondering if marine greese was an option. If so why did you not use a marine greese?
    It is definitely an option and it's what I typically use. But I decided to pick up some Rock Lube from Norm at Team3six 'cause he's a buddy of mine. For all I know, it *is* marine grease. Sure smells like it! :lol2:

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

gotcha, ;)

Definitely want to keep tabs no this build, especially since I'm a bit of a Poison Spyder fanboy myself. Actually have the same BFH rear bumper on my JK as the KoH rig.

Curious, though. If you're wanting to stay true to that particular rig, why not go with the Mayhem Monster wheels, as that rig appears to be running Raceline Monster beadlocks? That would definitley keep the scale appearance wouldn't it?
    Addicted....

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
    Definitely want to keep tabs no this build, especially since I'm a bit of a Poison Spyder fanboy myself. Actually have the same BFH rear bumper on my JK as the KoH rig.

Curious, though. If you're wanting to stay true to that particular rig, why not go with the Mayhem Monster wheels, as that rig appears to be running Raceline Monster beadlocks? That would definitley keep the scale appearance wouldn't it?
    Yeah, the Monsters are at the front of the pack with regard to my wheel selection, but I'm not entirely copying this truck. This is merely the inspiration so don't expect it to be a replica or anything. Don't get me wrong, my plan is to have it be pretty darn similar, but I always like to leave myself some "creative liberties" 'cause things don't always transfer well from the real world to 1:10. :lol2:

I got a couple bits in the mail yesterday, but there's still one big piece missing that I'm still waiting on. Should have more updates soon, I hope!

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

So while I'm waiting on goodies, I figured I can do some mods to the body. What the heck am I thinking? These things sells for real money these days! :mrgreen: Actually, I haven't really cut much off, but that's about to change once I get a rolling chassis.

The razor saw did a great job. I even salvaged the flares in case I ever want to use these things on something else one day.

Low rider mock up...

Does this count as a chassis mock up? :mrgreen:

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

Man that drivetrain is gonna be so sexy! You still waiting for the tcase?

Man that drivetrain is gonna be so sexy! You still waiting for the tcase?
    Yep! Hopefully, the t-case/skid combos will be shipping out this week. That's what is really holding me up at the moment....

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

you ever get the tcase ?? really wanting to see this one develope! :SpicyPBJ:

you ever get the tcase ?? really wanting to see this one develope! :SpicyPBJ:
    Nope! The machinist for Dinky R/C screwed up the last batch and is now giving Matt (of Dinky) a hard time about standing behind his work. So Matt is evidently looking for a new machinist. At this point, there's no telling how much longer it'll be.

That's why this build is currently on hold and I'm re-doing my Class 1 rig for the time being.

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

ouch! Well sad to hear :(

Keep us updated ;)