Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: eric113 flatbed portal taco

doesnt the pinion gear use the full width of the ring gear when it meshes?
    doesnt seem like much teeth left if you remove half the diameter of the ring teeth.

but no matter what thats a bad ass balsy mod!:evil:
    2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

Quote Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
    :eek2:

I'm interested to see how this comes out!

Can you take a picture of that cut diff from straight above the cut out part?

Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    doesnt the pinion gear use the full width of the ring gear when it meshes?
    doesnt seem like much teeth left if you remove half the diameter of the ring teeth.

but no matter what thats a bad ass balsy mod!:evil:
    There wont be much left of the ring gear. But I think it be ok, it doesn't need full contact anyways. Aleast how that I feel about it. I seen and spoken to the gent. that has done this mod and been working good for him.

Kinda like shaving a 14 bolt. :thumbsup: Very cool idea, Eric. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
    Kinda like shaving a 14 bolt. :thumbsup: Very cool idea, Eric. I like it!
    Didn't even think of it that way, but your right! :mrgreen:

Just got this little gem in. Holmes hobbies Team torquemaster 25t with 6* timing. Should be fun on 4s with BL-XR. :mrgreen:

Hey Eric do you know where I can get a set of portals. And I did something similar to my wraith axles on shaving them. I also used the 36/14 gears as the ring gear is .100 smaller in diameter. I just took an 1/8" off my housings.

And the soon to be finished Titan 60 axles. Think the portals would send them over the top.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

I remember you talking about wanting to add portals back at Eddie's last G6.

Noone makes portals for 8* knuckles or wraith axles. If they did, I would start narrowing my wraith axles down and add portals to them under the taco. SDS cumtomz is going to be making portals for 8* for project he is doing. But I wouldn't count on it being put in production.

I saw your axles on RCC, They are pretty! :mrgreen: Are those TLT mounts ? I tried to tig weld one to my scx frame, found out that they chromed dipped brass I do believe. It did funky stuff while I was welding it.

Wish I could find someone to machine new cases for 8* knuckles.

They are tlt mounts but are definitely steel. Jerry is handling welding duties over @ DMG, and said he had concerns too, but would make new mounts if he had to.
    8* knuckles? I'm confused. Adapting them to fit my axles is no problem for me. Is it? Am I missin something as to what's involved? I thought they just bolted onto the ax-10 housings and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by angryone View Post
    They are tlt mounts but are definitely steel. Jerry is handling welding duties over @ DMG, and said he had concerns too, but would make new mounts if he had to.
    8* knuckles? I'm confused. Adapting them to fit my axles is no problem for me. Is it? Am I missin something as to what's involved? I thought they just bolted onto the ax-10 housings and that was it.

The 3racing portals are for ax/scx10 axles. If you look at the ax axle head on and draw straight line thur the king pins it 0*.

If looking at the wraith axles straight on and draw line thur the king pins they tilted 8* in. You would have to make new portal cases.

Well poop!! I ain't got time for that!!!!
    Thanks