Thread: d3r3k99's SCX10 Dingo Build

d3r3k99's SCX10 Dingo Build

Well I figure I need to start a build thread anyways, here's what I've done so far...
    Started with a TR SCX10 Dingo out of the box...
    - relocated the battery to the front
    - put in custom eBay/Amazon aluminum steering and upper and lower linkage
    - put in HR aluminum drive-shafts
    - 5000mah Venom High Power NiMH batteries (1 running at a time lol)
    - Motoworx aluminum beadlocks courtesty of Lockedup/Motoworx!
    - waterproofed the electronics (servo is not waterproofed but hasnt fried yet!)

I'd like to start working on the body a little with LEDs for headlights and a spot light on the hood, make black Styrene wheel wells/under panels/front pieces, paint the wheels black, and get some accessories and a fabric top. This is my beater body so I dont wanna get crazy, id like to custom build a 2dr Jeep (Commanche will have to do for now) to look like my old 1:1 rock crawler (87 XJ chopped/lifted/locked)

Looking good. Have you considered the proline floor pan? It is GREAT for keeping the mud and dirt away from the inside. I first got mine for the looks but it really does help functionally.

Also what drive shafts are those and how are they working out?

Yeah Im either going to build the floor pan or buy one, and I want it mainly for the functionality part, but the looks/scalability will be nice too :D
    These are the ones I bought, they are great as long as you use thread lock on the screws (as with any DS really I guess). They are great looking, but get scratched up easy once they start spinning on rocks....but its an offroad r/c car so thats okay :D

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar
    Have fun cleaning it up.:mrgreen:
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

Quote Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
    Have fun cleaning it up.:mrgreen:
    No kidding. I'm not much for mud myself.

yea...this is where the proline floor pan or a do-it-yourself floor pan comes in handy lol...I havent done much lately because Ive been busy the last two weekends and im just drained after work. she will get some attention soon!

Well I've been busy working on my car because the clutch/parts went out..that was $1200 :(
    so upgrades for this beast took a back seat and might for a month or two....

But, here are the parts I got from Axial, since they had to replace my radio and receiver with a new one (defective radio wiring and spring for steering wheel).
    they included: brand new wheels, bead locks, hardware, stickers, center hubs, and of course the new radio and rx. So Axial did good!