PDA

View Full Version : Lift Kit orBody posts?

kingmudder
06-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Was wondering about which is better; putting a lift kit on my scx10 or using taller body post. I have a lift I made myself on now. an issue I have is driveline angle. had to rotate axles to ease binding on u joints. I jus want to run 2.2's so need clearance. any input will be helpful. thanks

jcsaxial
06-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Personally the lower the better. Which tires do you plan on using? What I have seen is you just cut the fenders out for clearance but if your using the super tall tires rollovers may be an issue wo wideners or going to ar60s

kingmudder
06-12-2014, 06:22 PM
well I am looking to get some tsl's, but for now I robbed the stock tires and wheels off my maxstone 10 crawler. trying to avoid cutting the dingo up too bad. and yes widenes in the works as well. I was just wondering if someone has used the "lift kit" for scx10s? or if they just made taller body posts to help with tire rub. like I said I made my own lift which was simple but had to clock axles to help the binding.

jcsaxial
06-12-2014, 07:52 PM
If you already did that then I'd lift the body some. Too much and it will look a little retarded! Lol. The tsls aren't that tall so you should be able to get away from wideners. They suck when you turn. End up getting more tire rub w them.

Arjeeprider
06-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Lifting the body would be the best if you want to keep the cog low as possible. But if you raise it to much it's going to look funny, like a 1.1 with a 12" body lift... 😜

😀
ARjeepRider

kingmudder
06-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks for some good advice/ info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk