PDA

View Full Version : Axial AE-02 issue? Full throthle stalls the RC.

luenhsing
02-04-2013, 12:15 AM
All,

I have a quick question if you can help. I got a SCX-10 with AE-02 and Axial 27T motor on a concho, and when I throttle to full, the RC stalls. It will run on not full speed, and soon as it hits a rollblock, and I have apply more throttle, it stalls again. this can be also seen if just hit the throttle on full speed all the sudden. it loses all the power, and the RC jercks till I have release the throthle complete and re apply the throttle. It mays me feel like the ESC is over heating and cuts it self off, but the motor and the ESC cool to the touch. I have also disable the lipo cut off, since i am not using a lipo. Do you guys ever seen something like this? I am using a 6 cell Nimh battle at 5000mah, HiTech 150 oz servo, and it is only happens to this AE-02 ESC. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong, any help would be great. Thank you in advance for any help.

cowboy_crawler
02-04-2013, 10:26 AM
You may need a bec for your servo but other than that id say the esc is about toast. Have you checked your receiver for any loose wires??

bbking9
02-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Im with cowboy on this one.

luenhsing
02-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks, guys. Not sure what is the read deal I have bough few BEC see if that fixes the problem. I did try 55 T motor, and it works much better then the 27T. I guess, I will just use 55T motor for now. I will also tryu out a 35T motor see if that will work as well. I am sure the 27T is causing this. Anyone want to run some RC over the weekend? I am up for that. Maybe Murrell Park over the weekend?

Frank

ace138
02-06-2013, 05:08 AM
I might be down for Murrell Park this weekend.

jcsaxial
02-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I dont think its your esc, The axial motors are junk, when i first got my dingo i was havin the same problem and the motor was overheating. Do you have a diff motor to use?

The use of a bec is to regulate the voltage to the rx and then to the servo so if your only usin a nmh i wouldnt worry about it. But i could be wrong.

I think that esc is a castle product and you could check out that site and email them whats goin on. I know i was havin problems w the fxr and tekin fixed the problem so its worth a shot.

luenhsing
02-14-2013, 08:17 PM
I have ty few different motor with 35t and some tamiya motor, and didn't have any luck. Only the 55t will handle the esc without a issue. I will keep trying other I guess.