PDA

View Full Version : NTXRCC Season 5 Official Schedule

McTwist
09-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Just in case any of you guys are interested.

NTX Season 5 Official Schedule:
Oct. 20th - Murrell Park
Nov. 17th - Warehouse
Dec. 15th - Big Rocks
Jan. 19th - TBD
Feb. 16th - TBD
Mar. 16th - TBD
Apr. 20th - TBD
May 18th - Big Rocks - season final
*Subject to change

Classes:
• 2.2 Pro - MOA or Shaffty with dig
• 2.2 S - Shaffty only no dig
• 2.2 Sportsman - MOA or Shaffty no dig, one ESC, one axel steer
(for beginners with Axial - AX10 and XR10, Berg, Red Cat - Rockslide RS10, G-Made - Rock Buggy, Venom - Creeper, Losi - Night Crawler, Kyosho - Rock Force, Etc.)
• 1.9 - Shaffty only no dig
• Super - Run what you brung

A Wraith in its standard configuration can only run in the Super Class due to its width and wheelbase. If you build a rig with Wraith parts it has to meet the guidlines for 2.2 rigs as noted in USRCCA rules.

Standard USRCCA rules would apply to all classes

We will run 8 comps this season. You best 4 comps count toward State Finals. If a comp is canceled due to weather we will reschedule to assure we get in 8 comps. You do not have to compete in all 8 comps but you must at least compete in 4 comps to qualify for State Finals.

Danno
09-24-2012, 11:34 PM
I have no idea what all that means. Kinda new to RC (slash and wraith). So where does a wraith fit in?

McTwist
09-26-2012, 09:47 AM
I have no idea what all that means. Kinda new to RC (slash and wraith). So where does a wraith fit in?

You can run your Wraith in the Sportsman class for sure. I am not sure if a Wraiths dimensions fit the USRCCA specs for 2.2 S but if it does you could run it in 2.2 S.

snowbikebear
09-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Ibe never been in comp side of hobby what class do Scx10 run in?

McTwist
09-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Ibe never been in comp side of hobby what class do Scx10 run in?

You could run it in the Sportsman class so long as it does not have a dig unit. Just keep in mind that we are crawlers not scalers so the courses are a bit more challenging. You should come out and give it a go it's free and you just might get hooked. :lol2:

snowbikebear
09-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Im more of a basher than a scaler . Im the type that takes a stocker with a locker out with the pro rigs .

McTwist
09-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Come on out it will be fun. You can bash, crawl or whatever just hang out for a while.

McTwist
10-04-2012, 10:24 AM
You can run your Wraith in the Sportsman class for sure. I am not sure if a Wraiths dimensions fit the USRCCA specs for 2.2 S but if it does you could run it in 2.2 S.

A Wraith in its standard configuration can only run in the Super Class due to its width and wheelbase. If you build a rig with Wraith parts it has to meet the guidlines for 2.2 rigs as noted in USRCCA rules.

McTwist
10-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Any of you DFW Crawlers coming out to join us this coming weekend?

bbking9
10-15-2012, 10:16 AM
I work Sat and Sun so I m out.

cowboy_crawler
10-15-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm goin to try to make it but its the wives bday on sat so well see if I can't sneak out for a little while

McTwist
10-15-2012, 12:05 PM
I work Sat and Sun so I m out.

You work every Sat and Sun?

McTwist
10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm goin to try to make it but its the wives bday on sat so well see if I can't sneak out for a little while

I know how that is. We comp in the morning so you are still good to take her to dinner. :biggrin:

bbking9
10-15-2012, 12:58 PM
You work every Sat and Sun?

I work at a golf course - so every Sat and Sun are our busiest days.

cowboy_crawler
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
So if I'm able to make it would I just show up or do I need to do something letting y'all know forsure??

Stick Crawles
10-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Went by murrell park 2 day to check out the water level after all the rain the last 2 weekends and the water level is still waaaayyy down tooonnns of lines, it's gonna be a great 1st comp,
oh and I did take the truck out and ran it for the 1st time with the new set up, and boy do I like how it works was able to pull lines I wasn't able to with the other setup.

I can't wait till Saturday see all yous guys there.

McTwist
10-16-2012, 11:00 AM
So what did you do to your truck. Link locations, shock setup, foams?

Stick Crawles
10-16-2012, 02:44 PM
So what did you do to your truck. Link locations, shock setup, foams?

Yes-yes & yes + some other stuff, it's all just to see how it works for a few comps, if it doesn't work out then its back to way it was.

Stick Crawles
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Basically I wanted to go lighter, I shaved a little over 5oz off it, so in just a hair over 5lb, but I couldn't afford d-lux tubes so its gonna stay where it's at for now.

Changed the electronics on it also, wheels, and different foam set up.

It's doing really well as it sets now so we'll see.

McTwist
10-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Cool...

My rig is not totally new but it is way different than it was. I've only had it on the rocks once. I'm at 4 lbs. 11 oz. ready to run +/- depending on wheel weight setup. When I get some money I'll send my wheels off to have the lightened or buy some carbon ones.

McTwist
10-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Thank and enjoyed those of you who showed up at our comp yesterday. Sorry if I didn't get to meet everyone. Like you have you guys out again. Perhaps we could do a scale / crawler GTG / Comp together some time.

Eric Perez
10-22-2012, 04:29 PM
That was cool running with a larger group. I still can't believe how good the axial scalers run on grippy rock. That Dingo was easily crawling up 60-70 deg slopes w/o even breaking a aweat. The rig was almost stock, I think it had a 55T motor and a better servo, all else was basically stock.

I've seen a couple of axial scale rigs and as long as the approach angle is not to drastic these things are like mountain goats! Even the stock tires squish down and grip the red stone, looks just like 1:1 scale rigs.

cowboy_crawler
10-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Ya baby got to love the stocker with lockers :thumbsup: