PDA

View Full Version : Walk me through the mission statement plan of DFW vs NTX groups

RickM
09-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Hey guys. I am not trying to create a hostile based thread but I do have a question. What is the purpose of the DFW group vs holding to the older NTX group? I am not asking this to antagonize but to understand. It looks to me that the majority are scale guys which is great. It might simply also be to get guys more organized for fun having, which is also awesome.

My point for asking however is this. The NTX group has been going through some transition since two of the long time organizers/competitors have left the group. We are not a scale group, but many will bring scale rigs to comps. All that said I would surely like to invite all you guys who do have comp rigs to come out and be a part. We like to think we are a great group of guys and we are free also!! I would like to at least do my part to keep open lines of communication so everyone is able to have the fun with our toys.

ace138
09-04-2012, 10:38 AM
I can't speak for the group, but for me, the DFW crawler group is about wheeling and having a good time. You being an old timer Rick, surely you remember the old TLT days, before all the comp / classification stuff. People use to get together and wheel what they brought and have a good time.

RickM
09-04-2012, 12:55 PM
fortunately or unfortunately I am not much of an old timer. I don't remember much of the old days of the GTG's. Know this. Many of our comp guys are really trying to make sure and keep the fun back in this. If you guys have any interest, show up. We will all but guarantee a great time.

bbking9
09-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Hey Rick, I think Ace nailed. Our group is very unlikely to go to comps. some of us work weekends - others dont enjoy the competition.

For whatever reason - we seem to just like to hit some trails and rocks and "ROCK IT".

We are a very loosely based group who try to DRAG our friends into the hobby so we can watch others spend their cash as well.
We are so loosely organized - we dont have a Mission Statement, or a President or any officers.

snowbikebear
09-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I love the rocks everywhere have never been to a comp. Im a scale basher now having two scx10 . Think gtg in public places will help the hobby lot more than a comp . My idea of good time is few people lot of trucks and a video camera. If I have time I may try to go to comp in Austin this weekend to see what its like.

snowbikebear
09-10-2012, 11:06 PM
T.T.C. run what u brung gtg in public places I think is what we are about . Party on the rocks with Dallas rc misfits.

ace138
09-11-2012, 11:22 AM
" Party on the rocks with Dallas rc misfits." Word :thumbsup:!!