Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ETXRCC Club Update

I think Travis is doing a great job leading this group and we support him. He picked up this club when it was barely breathing and turned it into a big R/C brotherhood in the last couple of years.

Thanks Ruel!
    ARjeepRider

I think, everything has pro and cons, and it apply to here as well. We hope there is no fee and everything is free, however, every G6 or crawler event I saw it has an entry fee usually $20 to $30 each event. I know ETXRCC is hosted by member and it is community thing. But I think nothing is free in the end. As much as the effort and work put in on each G6 is really hard. For example DFW G6 took me and Eddie about 4 weekends to just pick up the line. I guess I think as it is a supporting the ETXRCC since I canít always help you all setting up the G6 event at Tyler. I had only been the taking the advantage, not able to help you much. I wish the club can success and get the money it needs from LHS and sponsors to build the U4 course. I am sure, if that is in place, we may be a much bigger group as well. May even have sponsors pouring in, who needs money when there is sponsors. I am good with the decision ETXRCC makes, and I am 100% support what decision you make. At least that is what I can do to help. By the way the club due is about the same amount as GAS Money each time I drive to a G6 event before I convert to a hybrid car. I will do this any day to drive there and have fun with ETXRCC. Just to voice my opinion, and hope ETXECC successful. Last, Travis, Sir you are doing a good job. I donít think I have done it if I was trying to start a crawler group. I am very happy to be part of the group. J
    RC is not a just hobby, it is more than that, it is an addiction.

I have been rc crawling the East Texas area for around 10 years now. I have known Eddie for about 8 or 9 of those years. I appreciate everything that has been done on his part to promote the rc crawling scene in this area over the years. I have known Travis for a few years now and also appreciate all that he has done to promote the hobby in our area. I have recently made the decision to devote my Sundays to God and His church. My family and I will no longer be able to attend events scheduled on that day of the week. That being said I think as long as the club as a whole is in agreement with the decisions being made on its behalf then that's great! It has been great to be a part of such a great group of people and I wish the best and many blessings for each and every one of you!

Roy, I hope we can get a schedule together where you will be able to make the events, it is great having you there along with everyone else. I know Travis will do what he can to get things scheduled so everyone can make as many as possible. I to do appreciate what each and every person has done to keep ETXRCC going. I think I just got out of it for awhile before Travis started putting things together it was kinda dead for abit. I personally fell that we have a stronger following now than we ever had since I got into RC Crawling 4 years ago. I am glad I decided to get back into it. Looking forward to see what the future hold for ETXRCC and everyone involved, I hope we can grow enough to hold big events and show everyone how we do it in East Texas, but I don't feel that we can do that without funds to get a nice dedicated place to hold events.

Frank, we would be glad to have you move down here and join us. Lol, untill then hope to see you at as many events as you can make it, and as many as we can make of ya'lls.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwf150 View Post
    Frank, we would be glad to have you move down here and join us. Lol, untill then hope to see you at as many events as you can make it, and as many as we can make of ya'lls.
    Paul, Yes, sir. I am planning to. If everything works out I can move there in two years. And I don't mind the driving :).
    RC is not a just hobby, it is more than that, it is an addiction.

Thanks Paul! I'm sure I'll catch y'all on a Saturday every now and then!

Hey guys in all my years in Rc it has been in the last five or six years that we as Rc guys have come together for the better of the hobby. When I started racing over ten years ago I fell out quick I could not get help or support from my fellow racers. Now with groups like this and mikes hobby shop we can now bring our families to a event without dirty looks. We can now ask the dude next to you in the pits what kind of tires are you running etc. when I got back in to racing mikes really set my heart to this hobby and now no matter what I'm in. Guess what I'm saying east Texas boys keep it up I'm in I'll sign up like frank said nothin is free in the end except the fun you have and the memories you get to keep. As long as there are groups like ours Rc will live on and our kids friend and families can and will have good clean fun thank you all for supporting our hobby. I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk