Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETXRCC Club Update

ETXRCC Club Members

As most know the ETRCC group has been very active and growing for the last 1 1/2 years, we have been operating this group with a few individuals input and hosted some very good events. We have decided that it is time to make it more fun and exciting with the addition of a new style of RC'ing "Ultra 4", this has been a growing style of racing that will fit well with the Scale trail runs we host. They run everything from stock rigs to heavily modified rigs on this style of course, ETXRCC wants to continue being family oriented and attracting new comers to the group. So get ready because a U4 course will be the next big change for the ETXRCC group!!!

ETXRCC is needing help from everyone to make this happen!
    We have the area marked off that Barnwell Mountain Recreation Park(BMRP) has dedicated to the group, BMRP has also committed to suppling excavation equipment for construction and fencing materials to secure the area from other park traffic. BMRP has indicated they may be able to help ETXRCC with electricity, and building the drivers stand! This is great and will help keep the cost down for the group, but there is still a lot expense in building a course and being ready to race!!!

This is where we need everyone to step up and help!
    We are going to organize the ETXRCC Club and start having club meetings where the members will have a voice in club activities and decisions! Membership is $50/yr + $10/dependent.

Let us know if you are interested in being a member!

We are working on a Sponsorship Packages for companies that are interested in being sponsors or donating to the local club, Plan to have RC sponsor and Business sponsorship packages available soon.

Thanks for everyones support in making this the best Club in Texas!!!
    ARjeepRider

Travis and ETXRCC. Good job and you got my support! :). Now I just need to move to where you'all at. :). If not I will be there very often.
    RC is not a just hobby, it is more than that, it is an addiction.

Thanks for always supporting ETXRCC Frank!
    ARjeepRider

Great things are happening in ETXRCC and I am glad to be a part in it. Can't wait to see the new area up and going. I'm excited.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? I am a founding member of ETXRCC and my company Crawler Innovations paid for the ETXRCC club logo to be created. I kept this club going in small part when no one was around all these years. I was the one who met with the Barnwell Board of Directors and got the door open at Barnwell ORV for ETXRCC over two years ago. Now something that was started and designed to be free (or very low cost) we now have to pay for? On top of the $5 per event gate fee at Barnwell? People will now have to pay a yearly fee for RCORVA which owns the USRCCA now. In a down economy, increasing costs seems like a unwise decision.
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

Why would we have to pay a fee for RCORVA?

If someone can provide a way we can do what the group is wanting to do without membership dues to fund part of the expenses let's hear it! :)
    ARjeepRider

Quote Originally Posted by paulwf150 View Post
    Why would we have to pay a fee for RCORVA?
    RCORVA is an International sanctioning body. Once you register, your driver # is now your # on the world competition platform. You can travel to any comp, use that #, and your scores and driver ranking are kept track of, updated, and drivers will know their ranking Internationally. The USRCCA Worlds crowned a winner from Switzerland in 2.2 Pro. That same driver has competed in Germany, France, Italy & other countries. So rc crawling has grown leaps and bounds and the sanctioning body needed to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjeeprider View Post
    If someone can provide a way we can do what the group is wanting to do without membership dues to fund part of the expenses let's hear it! :)
    I did not attend the meeting, so I don't know what the group wants. I'm also not leading the group, you are. So how you run the club is up to you and the current group. I'm just merely voicing my opinion that paying money to belong to a club to drive toy trucks doesn't sound right.
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

Membership is not mandatory but encouraged to help the club put on better events and locations.
    Membership to the RCORVA is also optional to those who want to be considered in the national points standings. We've never embraced their scale rules so I don't see that being an issue.
    The only mandatory fees are for the gate at Barnwell and the U4 track. That's simply standard anywhere in the country for any track.
    Helps keep the track kept and make any improvements.
    Club dues are for providing gate markers, decals, and prizes. All of which has been out of personal accounts and isn't fair to those putting up the money to make our events nice.
    Barnwell membership is also strongly encouraged and the board would like to see participation at that level from those who own OHV, ATV, MX, or SXS.
    The proposed area at BMRA has the potential to bring in big events and host national completions as well as a place for locals to enjoy that's already setup and catered to our hobby. There's no other place like this anywhere.
    Non members are still allowed to participate at all events and races. Track fees are higher for non members just as it is with any organization. They will not have a say in club activities and events or other benefits.
    TMTC wants a legit club with a roster. That's one of the critical things in making all this come together.

I'm not sure many of us want to be in the national points standing or have the capability to travel all over the country to attend these events. I personally don't have any interest in that. I also don't care for the strict rules in the RCORVA. And I also feel that if a personal is in the hobby and attends most of our events they should haven't a problem affording club dues.