Thread: Locked Up's "Vuckin Double Cab" - A Chop Shop & Difuser build

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar

Locked Up's "Vuckin Double Cab" - A Chop Shop & Difuser build

I could not be more excited to be bringing this build to the table!

Some of you may be familiar with the "Vuckin Yota build":
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-s...ckin-yota.html

Well once I saw this truck at Scale Nationals I knew I wanted to have a Double Cab (Crew Cab) version of it.

So, after bouncing things off Devlin and a few months of plotting I have finally sent off some bodies to James at the Chop Shop. Like a kid on Christmas Eve ... I am excited to start the build thread ... before the build!
    :ror:

James will be combining 4 bodies for me to create two Double Cab "Vuck's". Yes, two. I asked him to make me two so that I can have a "pretty" one for pictures (for the shop) ... and one to just beat the tar out of. Those of you that have seen me drive know that I am not easy on equipment!

Here is my rough plan for the DC Vuck body:

I'm hoping for the same basic wheelbase and body lines as the original, but I have asked to keep the original fender flaring (massaged to be smooth at the ends). I think this is going to look awesome!

On the chassis side, Difuser is going to put together a fantastic platform for me based off of an SCX10. This will be waterproofed and filled with the best goodies I can find. My current plan is a Holmes ESC & motor, Hitec servo, Locked Up RC servo winch, line & hook with a HeyOK controller, Vanquish VXDs, HD lockers & gears, Locked Up RC Interior, custom tube (hoops, cage & bumpers) RC4WD tires & driveshafts and more scale hardware than you can throw a stick at. I'm not 100% decided on the wheels & rings but this may be an excuse for me to get off my butt and deliver some new 1.9 options for yall in the coming months.

I'll update the post as I make decisions on pieces and parts and have asked James & Dan to chime in when they start getting parts from me.

I hope yall enjoy this one!
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

I love it, something different and unique:thumbsup: Should be killer given the builders involved in this one!

Team Manager

I like it. I think it looks a lot better proportioned than the single cab version.

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

single cab is uglier than sin personally. this though is shaped better, and is proportionately, and overall more pleasing.