Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beast of a Project

We race on asphalt. Pit Shimizu tires are the tires of choice at both HobbyTown locations.

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
    We race on asphalt. Pit Shimizu tires are the tires of choice at both HobbyTown locations.
    Those are the same tires used up here at Mike's Hobby.

Who would have guessed the wrong servo mount would cause this build to change course in such a drastic way. When I purchased this rig it was missing the shifter servo mount for the transmission. I ordered the mount part from RC4WD, but they sent the wrong servo mount. They sent me a steering servo mount. They promptly sent me the correct servo mount. Now I had an extra steering servo mount. So what to do with it? Low and behold I run across a set of steering Blackwell axles on another site pretty cheap. So I jumped on them and the plan was put into place. The rig will now be a 10 x 10. I also have the option of making it a 2 or 3 axle steering rig. :mrgreen:

The chassis rails are made out of 1/2" c-channel aluminum. The rails are cut to 38" long. The transmission skid, steering servo mounts, and chassis supports from the original Beast frame fit perfectly at 1/2". I need to purchase some additonal 1'2" delrin to make some additional supports. I will be using Axial rear shock mounts to mount the shocks. There is plenty more planning to be done, but this should get me started.

Here are a few pics of the progress as of today.

Here is a pic of the new chassis next to the Beast chassis.