Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a2hill's JK Build

MiniMeep has hit the rocks today!

-Ive got the interior painted and body mounting adjusted
    -winch installed
    -lights installed
    -electronics mounted
    -front has custom shock mounts, also added styrene to the 'floor' of the chassis for elecs mounting
    -accessories added
    -have a 4 cell split config made
    -added cc bec to electronics set up

-other things tweaked i cant quite remember at the moment >.<

I still have things i want to do, but as time/money permit this is how she sits.

I plan on redoing the bumpers(front/rear), tire carrier and sliders as soon as i get my torch. Also would like to get some wider tires, while i like these, i need something wider for this build.

Other things i plan on at some point is cleaning up the front linkage, triming flares, possibly adding some plexi glass to the windows. more accessories and other fun stuff.

BUT for the time being, its time to have FUN!!!

So i couldnt wait for the weekend and i took the family out for MiniMeeps maiden voyage. My son and i had a blast!

I was impressed with the handling and capability of the rig. Also i figured id be tipping over on simple inclines sideways, and totally blew me away on some of the tests i did, the suspension seems to work well from what i can tell.

And for you guys, words are boring and thankfully wife snapped quite a few shots. So on to the fun!!

Some of the mounting and elecs/batt config::

Random::

The fun stuff!::

AND the night crawl!

'Mini Meep' Maiden voyage - YouTube

CORR IT UP !!!
    Looking good A2
    CORR IT UP !!!

Looking good and congrats for getting it on the rocks! If you decide to sell those Baja Claws, let me know. I may be interested...

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -

Thanks guys!

I might take you up on that, im just having a hard time deciding what i want to do. I need more width, the only real option that doesnt add much more height are the pit-pulls. Ive seen lots of folks saying how the side wall tears easy and i really like the way the claws look over the pitbulls. but a lot of really good reviews on the pits. so im torn. I dont want to add height but need width and theres not really many options between the flat iron width and the 1.7/1.75 widths of ones like the iroks or the bigger baja claws. i wish i could hold a set of the pits up to the rig to get a better idea then it would be an easier choice.

CORR IT UP !!!
    I love the pits - you can't go wrong with that selection.
    CORR IT UP !!!

Think im going to end up picking some up. i still need a buncha things. i really wanna get new bumpers/sliders and a tire carrier so i have a reason to get a spare :) but i think im going to pick up some pits next

So, ive been playing with styrene for the past few days and decided to patch the interior where i cut for the tranny. This isnt finished, id like to get some strips to build it up and make it boxy to look better. but for now ive accomplished the initial task.

from the outside with body on its hard to tell regardless since its all black it blends well in low light ;)

Theres nothing grinding anywhere, but the small noise from the gear mesh reverberates of this interior pretty loud. So, im thinking about adding some sound dampening material at some point to reduce it. If it was lower pitched it would sound cool, instead of squealing.

Looks awsome. I just ordered a set of the 2.2 sxss claws for the f350!

Nice! I got some 1.9 pitbulls on the way :D

Quote Originally Posted by a2hill View Post
    Nice! I got some 1.9 pitbulls on the way :D
    Your going to love them.