Thread: IROK 2.2s - Legal for Class 3?

IROK 2.2s - Legal for Class 3?

Tommy,

I've been just skimming the thread on rccrawler, and am curious to what the ruling is for the local comps. The schedule is going to work out where I am able to make one of these and am curious, will the new (relatively) IROK be legal for Class 3? Any hints as to what we'll see in 2013 regarding rules?

They're on BO at RC4WD so no telling how long it will take for me to get a set, but that's probably the tire I'll end up with.

I like big tires and I cannot lie...

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by spankbomb View Post
    Tommy,

I've been just skimming the thread on rccrawler, and am curious to what the ruling is for the local comps. The schedule is going to work out where I am able to make one of these and am curious, will the new (relatively) IROK be legal for Class 3? Any hints as to what we'll see in 2013 regarding rules?

They're on BO at RC4WD so no telling how long it will take for me to get a set, but that's probably the tire I'll end up with.

I like big tires and I cannot lie...

Jon
    Jon, you'll be fine. IIRC, RC4WD changed the measurement to be within the SORRCA max legal limit of 5.75". No real news on 2013 rules, but in all honesty, I (or Patrick or Cory) would really be at liberty to say. I think some good changes were made between the '11 and '12 rules. I would expect similarly fewer tweaks before the '13 rules come out. Personally, I think there will be more discussion after the '12 Northwest Scale Nats in a couple months.

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -