Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My TrailFinder 2 build thread

Cool It LIVES!!

After about two weeks of starts and stops in the ESC and motor Departments, I finally got everything going last night.

Tacon Brushless 1320KV
    & a Castle SV2 ESC

I had originally and unwittingly bought a couple Sensored motors; one said it would only run with a sensored speed control, somebody on another board said it should run without the sensor, but the timing needs to be adjusted?? Any clues on that would be appreciated!

In the mean time. I connected everything up and put it on the floor for a test run and to adjust some of the trims. The thing sounded like a trashing machine initially, but after about 10 minutes queitened down considerably and a small about of grease on the spur gear silenced the whir even further! The 2 speed gearbox is kind of cool, but I am not sure about the ratio's? In low it moves very slow, maybe too slow? But, in high the gearbox sounds like it's running too fast? Running the stock pinion for now and I am not sure whether to gear up or not?? Maybe with my motor being a low speed unit I should go up a little on the pinion?

Anyway it was just one run before bed time so maybe this weekend I can play a bit more. Just need to tie everything down and finish detailing the body!

Naturally, Pic's to follow!

More Progress

Well, I have been letting other projects get in the way of finishing this up. :blah: working on a couple conversions, Got a new Tamiya Sand Rover kit last week and I am messing with that as well, BUT . . .

I did get a bunch of detailing done this last weekend, painted the marker lights, window frames, grill, basically allot of that tedious stuff! :Shaking:

Coming together though, will finish with the windows tonight, and get the bench seat in, I will probably put the dash in as well and that will pretty much be it for now. I did not have the intirior in before now because I wanted to add a servo to the steering wheel, but I can't find my stash of mini servo's :brickwall: So I will go ahead and assemble it; I can always go back later and add the mini servo.

Also have not figured out which driver I want to use? Will get the seat and dash in and see who fits! :lol2:

Plan on building roll bars for this and a couple other rigs pretty soon.

Unhappy First run With Body on!

Took me about 10 minutes o lose the passenger side mirror!:pissed:

CORR IT UP !!!
    LOOKING GOOD :cool2:
    CORR IT UP !!!

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar
    I really like the two tone ...
    :thumbsup:
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

I hate saying nice truck, but that is a really nice trail finder. I have to admit, I like your TFII more than my Bruiser.

Harry