Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ~TSS~ "Babijuan" Class 1 Chevy

haha yes. if you cant beat 'm, join 'm right?
    i think i bought the 15/11T gearing. not sure if that will be enough or how it stacks up to full UD/OD axials
    i still wont have the steering though. but my WB is shorter than the hiluxes too so maybe ill get away with it. then again i guess short WB and no steering is never really an advantage... lol

yeah he moved for a job last time i talked to him. it has something to do with nuclear or radioactive stuff or something.
    but this last time i tried to call him i didnt get anything back. wish i could find a number for him.
    2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

got a little done

made bumpers and rollbar

Finally got the FelsenFest t-case to work. the pinion sizes they list to work..dont. even the stock RRP 13/13 wouldnt fit without filing all the teeth, and the 15/11 wasnt even CLOSE to meshing. finally went with a RRP 15T, a Novak 10T and a LOT of grinding and got everything in the case and meshing.

been saving this for about 2 years, its the last clod clear glass i produced back then.

inside of body painted flat black and masked for the outer coat

grill work. ground down the 4x4x4, put in a new peice of styrene, and painted the turnsignals tamiya clear orange.

got the chassis all disassembled, painted rails and bumpers, made inner fenders, and sleeved the links.

dipped in chocolate! :D
    2009 Runner Up

mmmm, chocolate! very nice work Cory!!!

that is gonna look sick! cant wait to see the finished product!

got a little done

masked the body for bed paint

i also ran into a major issue with the axles :(
    the gears dont mesh, i remember Fracture PMing me when i bought them years ago, that they would need shimming. sure enough when i would grab the rear wheels and try to spin the driveline you could feel and hear the pinion skipping gears on the ring gear in the axle big time. so i took it all apart and shimmed both the pinion and ring gear, lubed and re-assembled, it helped but it still skips 2-3 teeth per revolution :( really sucks. ive emailed Tom but right now its looking like ill be pulling the $400 axles and replacing them with $50 TLTs :(

quick shot of the roller before i do something with the axles
    2009 Runner Up

haha, whats with the Hershey's bar?
    and that really sucks about the axels...is someone able to custom make the gears so they mesh or do you have to buy parts until it works right?

lol audrey put that there and i liked it.

got allitle done
    in trying to fix the axles, i ordered a set of the steel replacement gears even though the design is the same. i figure once i fix it at least ill have steel ring gears instead of the aluminum. i added another shim to the pinion to bring it in more. maxed out there.

i also sanded off the Ano and some of the aluminum as straight as i could to bring the whole thing in more and get more teeth engaugement. ie pinion closer to the ring gear. i reassembled everything and it seemed to have worked, no more skipping teeth. there still not much gear mesh, so in time im sure they will skip again. i may cutting a new e-clip groove in the pinion to bring it in some more. the outputs are plenty long.

i also wipped up these slider/battery tray/inner fenders. you can see the blank i started from on the floor. i hope there legal for slider points, they took awhile to get right. they will get some black paint too.

2009 Runner Up

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar
    Looks good man.

I'd give you points for those as sliders. :thumbsup:
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

i did a little to the 'ol chevy ;)

upgraded the stock plastic driveshafts to some steel Junfacs, i also put some JeepinDoug Delrin springs cups so i dont loose anymore. things are sweet with the little groove in them.

also upgraded to the towerpro servo to a CS-170(333oz)

added lights too

upgraded to 2.4 with a 4PL! also added a bunch of accesories, stephan metal badges, hubs, spare, and misc. stuff. the bedroll is cool, it hides the body clip somewhat and is tied to it so i dont loose it :D
    2009 Runner Up

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    upgraded to 2.4 with a 4PL!
    :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::e ek2:

Hell just called me ... it's freezing over.
    :mrgreen:

It's looking great. Sorry I won't get to see it tomorrow.
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com