Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is the 1.9 class gonna survive?

is the 1.9 class gonna survive?

I know that alot of you guy's have a better feel for what this and next year may bring.
    me I love my 1.9 and the class. we only have 4 regulars in our club,and we usually have 20+ drivers in 2.2
    I was wondering if the other texas clubs are having good turn outs?
    and if you think the class will grow or not.

I noticed that the n.m. qualifier theres not even a 1.9 or super class.
    do you think this will eventually be the norm. for larg comps. state finals and national events?

your opinions on this topic is most appretiated.

Re: is the 1.9 class gonna survive?

I don't know about your area but in dallas there is the Ntrcrc scalers ran by DemonSpawn. Great group of guys(and gals). We had a 1.9 meet on the 10th and there was about 15+ people there. Next month the meet is in Glen Rose come check it out. I think that might be out your way. If you can tell everyone you know.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oboy21
    I don't know about your area but in dallas there is the Ntrcrc scalers ran by DemonSpawn. Great group of guys(and gals). We had a 1.9 meet on the 10th and there was about 15+ people there. Next month the meet is in Glen Rose come check it out. I think that might be out your way. If you can tell everyone you know.
    actually I think thats the scale trucks. they too have 1.9 wheels and tires but are a seperate class.
    the 1.9 class is trucks that used to be most comonly scratch built from a tlt. then losi introduced the mrc and made the class much easier to get into.
    however I have noticed guys who are very INTO crawling.and used to run the 1.9 class in addition to the 2.2,taking little to no interest in the 1.9's anylonger.

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar

The 1.9 class is popular in central TX. We actually had 1 more 1.9 driver than 2.2 at our most recent event.

I think what happens up in DFW is that the 2.2 is so large and competitive that guys can't really mentally afford to run both classes if they want to stay at the top. I think it is mind smacking to run a 2.2 all day then try to run a 1.9. The two rigs take a very different mindset, especially if you have a 2.2 MOA. So if you are a top 2.2 guy you may not want to risk the extra edge you get from only focusing on one vehicle.

I'm not saying it can't be done but down here we all pretty much run 2.2 and 1.9 so it's even. If one of our top guys stopped running 1.9 and started to get that extra edge on the other guys then there would probably be a split. Some guys would stay 2.2 and some would stay 1.9. I'm sure when state finals roll around we'll pay for not focusing on a specific class but we have a crap load of fun with them both. :cheers:
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

thats great that you have that kind of turn out for the 1.9's
    but at crawlapalooza.
    there was like 80 2.2 trucks right?
    there was less than 30 1.9 I think.
    and very few supers.
    and at farmington n.mexico there is only a 2.2 class.
    a large event that people have to travel to attend.
    and only 1 class?

so you dont think that 1.9 is in any jepordy anytime soon as far as nationals go.
    they will be run this year at nats and the next?

Quote Originally Posted by rock hard
    thats great that you have that kind of turn out for the 1.9's
    but at crawlapalooza.
    there was like 80 2.2 trucks right?
    there was less than 30 1.9 I think.
    and very few supers.
    and at farmington n.mexico there is only a 2.2 class.
    a large event that people have to travel to attend.
    and only 1 class?

so you dont think that 1.9 is in any jepordy anytime soon as far as nationals go.
    they will be run this year at nats and the next?
    I'm not saying that 2.2 isn't the premier class. It certainly is.
    I just don't see 1.9 dying off completely.

But like all things, it will only stay around if there is interest. Hell, it may grow for all I know.

At a major comp they may just want to focus on the premier class. Nothing wrong with that. I think Crawlapalooza would have had more 1.9 interest if they had run it before super. A lot of people bailed because they had to get home.

I'd think Super would die before 1.9 because of the cost involved in the supers and the ease of learning on a 1.9. Almost anyone can pickup a cheap 1.9 and rock and roll with it. 1.9 you can buy for about $200. Then spend $200 on wheels, batteries, tires and a chassis, and you are pretty much good to go. More for a slicker setup (ESC, servo) but you can compete like that and not take a total beating. for $600 total you have a bullet proof dominator. Less if you pickup some used stuff.

$4-600 won't get you very far with a super...
    LOCKED UP RC
    LockedUpRC.com

I hope your right I love my mrc, fun as can be.

It does suck that are 1.9 class is so small .I was just sitting here wandering if I should order some more stuff for the 1.9 or not even bother with it. We are definately the stepchild in are club.
    TEAM ROCK ASSASSINS

Quote Originally Posted by jason 1.9
    It does suck that are 1.9 class is so small .I was just sitting here wandering if I should order some more stuff for the 1.9 or not even bother with it. We are definately the stepchild in are club.
    Come run that at our comps then. :mrgreen:
    LOCKED UP RC
    LockedUpRC.com

I was just thinking I should go down to some of your comps.
    anything you guys have up north like the belton area or goergetown even I would consider.
    it would be good to have a large 1.9 comp.