Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New... 2.2 and 1.9 dual stage foams

New... 2.2 and 1.9 dual stage foams

Updated 10/2/09;

These are CNC cut, 2.2 and 1.9, dual stage foams for rc rock crawlers. The inner foam is a very stiff foam while the outer foam is very soft. These are cut from conventional or open cell foam. They are not memory foam and are not temperature sensitive.

A single 2.2 foam weighs 0.8 ounces complete (less than 1 ounce).
    The 2.2 foams measure 5.5 inches tall and 2.25 wide.

A single 1.9 foam won't even register on my scale they are so lite.
    The 1.9 foams measure 4.25 tall and 1.50 wide.

Here is a size comparison photo between the two foams.

One set of four 2.2 dual stage foams is $29.50 shipped Priority Mail to the United States.

One set of four 1.9 dual stage foams is $21.50 shipped Priority Mail to the United States.

I do ship internationally at buyers expense. Please PM for details. In most cases, the increase in shipping is only $3 - $5.

Multiple items will be combined for a shipping discount as well. Please contact me for multiple orders

I can send you a paypal invoice if you need to pay by credit card and I will accept U.S. Postal Service money orders only.

My paypal address is:

[email:2hmwqkyi]novasark@sbcglobal.net[/email:2hmwqkyi]

That is also my personal email if you want to contact me directly.

I have the 2.2 foams installed on http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187107my berg with Hot Bodies Rover tires. This is the best foam combo I have ever tried with Rover tires. They hold a side hill fantastic and I was able to complete lines not previously done cleanly before. I also have the 2.2 dual stage foams installed in my son's berg with Pro-Line Chisel tires and they work much better than the previous foam set up. Both bergs are using http://mayhemengineering.com/Mayhem 7 wheels. As stated, these foams are very lite weight which will help for those looking to go liter on there comp crawlers.

I am using the 1.9 foams in my http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128065 Hilux Bruiser hybrid scale crawler in Pro-Line 1.9 Flat Irons with Create A Crawler bead locks and they perform wonderful. I am also using them on a 1.9 Losi MRC with VP bead locks and my custom 1.9 cut n shut Panther Cougars. The 1.9 foams made a night and day improvement for both sets of tires on both trucks. The scaler needed sidewall support because of the heavy weight of the crawler and the Losi MRC needed side wall support because the Cougars are so soft.

As you can see from the picture, the foams all have a seem on them. The reason is because they are CNC cut and the blade needs a way in and out. The foams are shipped out pre-glued using a foam specific adhesive supplied to me by the manufacturer.
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

Re: New... 2.2 and 1.9 dual stage foams

I need both 2.2's and 1.9's. :mrgreen:
    TEAM BWD Driver
    Team Holmes Hobbies Driver
    Team Anger Inc..Driver

Team JWalker Designs Driver

any plans for memory outers down the road?

keep the killer products coming my man.
    2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

i need some new 1.9 foams you have a pm :thumbsup:
    AX-10

Quote Originally Posted by bigflex
    I need both 2.2's and 1.9's. :mrgreen:
    Phone call completed :lol2: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
    any plans for memory outers down the road?

keep the killer products coming my man.
    I can do the memory foam outers. I am trying to stay away from those at the moment mostly due to performance changes due to temperature. I honestly believe it's possible to make a perfect foam set up using conventional foams. In doing so you have zero changes due to climate. It will really help guys who only comp once a month and never drive the crawler other wise. It would also benefit guys that comp all over the nation because the foams will react the same nation wide. It still needs to be proven and I hope I can get these foams perfected. For proto types they work very well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger
    i need some new 1.9 foams you have a pm :thumbsup:
    PM answered. :thumbsup: I can get your foams shipped out tomorrow. Thank you.
    Give 20 people the same chassis & axles, and they'll build a crawler 20 different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by nova's ark
    It will really help guys who only comp once a month and never drive the crawler other wise.

you talkin shit?

lol i charge my batteries once a month the night before the comp, and those 3 courses are the only time the crawler ever gets touched :mrgreen:
    2008 TXRCRCA Super Class State Champ
    2009 Runner Up
    and scaler freak :D

[quote=STANG KILLA SS]
    Quote Originally Posted by "nova's ark":2iwkl7dw
    It will really help guys who only comp once a month and never drive the crawler other wise.

you talkin shit?

lol i charge my batteries once a month the night before the comp, and those 3 courses are the only time the crawler ever gets touched :mrgreen:[/quote:2iwkl7dw]

I must be a mind reader :rofl:

Robert (robert97dodge) showed up at our comp last weekend and had not driven his crawler since the State Finals . His front Losi Comp Claw had a huge rip on the inside and he was running Crawler 1 foams. The foams were so stiff due to the weather it was ridiculous. He did well considering the handicap it presented him since it was a rainy, dreary day weather wise. I already had these foams in the works and that situation proved to me there has got to be a market for foams like these. I am really hoping they can become a drop in and go foam.

how do they react when they get wet?

i tell you that crwler1 foams are not for any type of cold weather crawling..

hmm i may have to give your 2.2s a shot..

Quote Originally Posted by BOWTIE
    how do they react when they get wet?
    I do not know. I am sure we will find out soon though :thumbsup: . 4 sets have gone out to testers today and a revised foam order was placed this morning with manufacturer. I might have them tonight, Monday at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWTIE
    i tell you that crwler1 foams are not for any type of cold weather crawling..

hmm i may have to give your 2.2s a shot..
    You know you want to :razz:

Crwler1 memory foams are very nice quality and product. The memory foam does not react well to the elements though.