Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Locked Up's SCX10 - Trail Ready H2

SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS Locked Up's Avatar

Locked Up's SCX10 - Trail Ready H2

My kit is on the way and will be here the middle of next week. :cheers:

But I'm not 100% settled on a body. I have an H2 body on the way which I like the looks of but I'm still considering the H3 with interior from Target. I also like the HX concept and haven't ruled it out.

Part of what is making me think I may not fully enjoy the H2 is that I'd have to add a rack to put on scale accessories... or cut it down into an H2 SUT. Did I mention I'm also inquiring about those H2 SUT bodies on scale? :lol2:

The H3 has an interior I can put accessories in unlike the HX but the HX may actually fit the scale of the axles better. Then again the HX should probably have a shorter wheelbase and some of the frame cut off.

I guess for the time being, I'll setup the H2. If I'm not happy, I'll cut it into an H2 SUT.

If I'm still not happy after that I'll unleash my secret idea. :smokin:
    LOCKED UP RC
    - SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
    LockedUpRC.com

Re: Patricks SCX10 ...

First body got here yesterday. I wanted a black one but the guy sent me a yellow one.

It looks pretty scale but I may try to paint it to get rid of the plastic feeling. Would have to paint it yellow ... otherwise scratches would be super noticeable.
    We'll see.
    I'm in this for fun and I may not find that much fun. :mrgreen:

I was surprised to find it came with an interior. I'm not sure it will fit with the chassis but hopefully I can make at least part of it work.

So here are a few pics:
    http://www.noeither.com/rc/pictures/200 ... -9-091.htm

I plopped it down on my comp rig just to see how the width would be with the axial axles ...

Then I played with the MRC axles to be stupid and see whatthe wheels would look like but I'm not going that route.

The Axial axles will look like Dana 70s so I'll have to run some "1 ton" size tires. :mrgreen:
    I'm thinking my ride height will come out to something like this one:

This will be officially known as the HUMPALA (Hummer-Impala) so you can expect me to deck this thing out with a touch of ghetto here and there. After all, it's riding on 20s. :bling:

More updates as parts roll in.
    LOCKED UP RC
    LockedUpRC.com

Re: Patricks SCX10 ... 20" blades on the HUMPALA

Here is the build so far:
    http://www.noeither.com/rc/pictures/...b/9-9-09b1.htm

It's gonna take some work but I think I can run most of the interior. I'll definitely need to make some wheel well inserts and the suspension is gonna take some work to make it reasonable but I think that eventually this will look & work great.
    LOCKED UP RC
    LockedUpRC.com

Great start Patrick. Regarding axles, if you want those tires to tuck in, try zero offset rims on TLT's, thats what I ended up having to do on the defender and it worked perfectly. Of course now you would have to get a set of TLT's, but I think you could find a set for about $60-&80.

Team Manager

Quote Originally Posted by sgtsteve
    Great start Patrick. Regarding axles, if you want those tires to tuck in, try zero offset rims on TLT's, thats what I ended up having to do on the defender and it worked perfectly. Of course now you would have to get a set of TLT's, but I think you could find a set for about $60-&80.
    Well, I figure an H2 with D70s on 40's .... tires probably would stick out a bit, so it's probably more scale this way. :thumbsup:
    LOCKED UP RC
    LockedUpRC.com

Nice :thumbsup: I like the H2 body. I'm thinking of making another Hummer. I'm gonna look for a H3, H3T or H2 SUT.
    If u can't walk....CRAWL!!!

That H2 body is going to look great! With an altitude drop of the body and maybe some wheelbase tweaking, you'll be set! Not so sure about those Dana 70s, though. ;)

TEAM DRIVER
    LOCKED UP RC

Ordered some more chit....

Sidewinder, BEC & Hand Bros 3 link kit.

I'm trying to see if Axial will let me get some of their scale stuff early too. :mrgreen:
    LOCKED UP RC
    LockedUpRC.com

Here is what I got done tonight...
    http://www.noeither.com/rc/pictures/200 ... 10-091.htm

I got the body mounted, which was a first for me as this is my first real attempt at a scaler. I know most people leave their scale bodies somewhat loose but I still wanted a snug fit. So I did Velcro in the rear on a little plateau.

Up front I went with what came out looking more like a 1:1 body mount. I took a little too much off the riser while test fitting. Now that I see it would have all fit under the bumper mount I can order another one and reinforce the mount on the body itself. I also ran out of lock nuts.

I did a little trimming to the bumpers. More will have to be done when the tires get here.

I also ordered some new shocks as the ones I have now are too long in the front and to short in the rear. The front is passable but the rear allow way too much droop I think. I did get the rear shock hoops back in (last few pictures) and it allowed me to dial out some of the rear droop.

It will all be sorted out eventually. :thumbsup:
    LOCKED UP RC
    LockedUpRC.com

Hey Patrick, I really do like your H2...especially the interior :thumbsup: . This scaler is gonna come out GRRREAT! I'm sure once you get the scale accessories it's even gonna look a whole lot sweeter :stirpot: ! Have fun and keep us posted.
    If u can't walk....CRAWL!!!