PDA

View Full Version : Tire Glue Help!

Tommy R
04-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm trying to make some tire so the glue I'm looking for is not just for glueing rubber to plastic wheels, it's for glueing rubber to rubber. I'm fed up with the Insta-Flex+ I got from the hobby shop. It's okay, but take entirely too long to set. I've got some Zap CA, but I'm afraid it'll be too hard and not pliable enough.

So what glue will set/dry quickly and still allow the tire to conform?

Thanks,
Tommy

DNF
04-05-2009, 08:12 PM
been a while since i bought any but i think what you're looking for is IC-2000. it's a rubberized CA glue. worked really good on the tires that i narrowed.

Tommy R
04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the IC2000. I picked some up along with some quick bonding CA. I think I was using too much glue.....and I wasn't using much! Anyway, I now have the technique down.... TINY dabs of CA to get the rubber stuck back together followed by a strip on IC2000 inside the tires to seal it.

Locked Up
04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I used super tiny dots of the Team Orion Tire Lockdown then followed it up with some tire Slime on the inside to waterproof them.

onespeeder
04-08-2009, 06:46 PM
I use IC2K to get them together and if I think there may be an issue, I will paint liquid electrical tape on the inside and that keeps it together and flexible! :thumbsup: